Sunday, August 30, 2009

9 MONTHS! and Carla Update...

Aug 14th- Carla's first word! It was morning and I could hear Carla talking and cooing in her room. Suddenly, I heard her scream, "MAMA!" I ran to her room, overjoyed, but curious if she knew what she was saying. When I went in she stretched her arms out to me and said, "mama, mamamamama." I was so happy! What a wonderful feeling it is to hear her say mama! She knows who I am!
Aug 16th- Carla turned 9 months! 9 MONTHS?? QUE EN EL MUNDO??? (what in the world)What happened to my baby!
Aug 17th- I took her to the doctor's for her 9 month appointment. He said that she was abnormally gaining weight. He won't put her on a diet because she is to young, but that I need to feed her lower calorie food, and to give her more table food and less baby food. I should only nurse her 3 times daily. So we will see how everything goes. Although I think that she is thinning out.
Aug 18th- Carla's second word! Lexie and Lydia were staying with us for a few days. They were playing with her in the same manner that Zach plays with her, when I hear, "Dada. Dadadadadadada." I walked into the room and she stopped saying dada and started saying mama. When Zach got home, I told him the exciting news, but he thought I was kidding, until he picked her up, she grabbed his face and said, "Dada." He was so excited and proud of his little girl!
Aug 21st- The little girls, Carla and I were playing in Carla's room, when suddenly she saw a book on the other side of the room and took 3 full crawls to get it! SHE CRAWLED!! Oh no, my baby is now officially MOBILE! I was so excited! Since then she has been crawling everywhere. I have to close the doors of the rooms that I don't want her getting into and re-baby proof the house. It has been a blast watching her crawl. She didn't do the army crawling, or much scooting, she went straight to 4 point crawling, which is also abnormal. I think that I need to be content being the mom of an abnormal baby. I LOVE IT!!
Aug 22nd- We were laying in bed, as a Saturday morning tradition, and Carla was with us. She crawled to the top of the bed, looked at the headboard, grabbed on and UP she went! She pulled herself up! She had never done that before! The next day, when I went in to get her up in the morning she was standing up on the side of the crib. I yelled for Zach, he came running, thinking something was wrong, but nope, I just wanted him to see her standing in her crib. It was oh so cute!
Aug 26th- I was deep cleaning the house, when I decided that Carla had a lot of clothes in her closet that she didn't fit into. So I decided it was time to clean out her closet. I put away all of her clothes that was under 12 months, and even some 12 month clothes that was to small. I was so depressing. She now has half the amount of clothes. My little baby is growing up so fast. It is so sad to see her getting so big and independent, but at the same time I love each new stage and milestone. I love being your mommy Carla!

2 comments:

  1. What a cutie! I can't believe she is 9 months already! Time flies when you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that big grin, she knows she's taking you for the ride of your life. She is a cutie. Good thing Theron isn't there I think he may have a girlie friend LOL.

    ReplyDelete