Monday, January 25, 2010

New Grandbaby

On Saturday we went up for Lexie's Baptism! Yup yup, after 2 months of planning and plans falling through, she was finally baptized and Melissa was there! It was so sweet to see all the kids waiting to be baptized. She was baptized along with 4 other Primary children at the Stake Baptism day. Zach gave a beautiful talk on the Holy Ghost, in which he compared the Holy Ghost to the ink inside a pen, and that once you are baptized, the ink goes into the pen, and dwells there. After the baptism, we ate cupcakes that were in the shape of a rainbow.
We went to mom's house for a little while, and when we were getting ready to leave, I asked Zach to ask mom to she if she wanted to change Carla's outfit. Underneath her white sweater she was wearing the "big sister" shirt. So mom and dad came over and mom took off her sweater. She didn't really notice the shirt so I said, "Mom, Carla wants you to read her shirt." When she read her shirt, she got this perplexed look on her face and said, " Big sister... really?? You are?!? I want all the details!" Dad was excited also, then mom asked him if he had read the shirt...."no... big sister. Oh wait, you're expecting???" I laughed, oh yes, I laughed. He was excited, but he didn't know why. I told them that I was about 6 weeks a long, and that I was going to see the doctor as soon as possible to make sure that everything was going smoothly. I also told them that I felt as if I was having a boy. Dad of course gave me the thumbs up, and mom said, "Oh good, I'll start shopping!" That will be nice since we don't have any boy anythings!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Zach, Teresa and Carla!! I think that's great. I love the way you told Zach's parents. Classic and cute. Good luck with your pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read that you were prego on FB. CONGRATS!!!! I love you guys, I'm so happy for you. I hope it turns out ok. I thought we were pregnant with a girl when I was prego with Theron....Boy was I wrong. Don't hold your breath :) Just from experience.

    ReplyDelete