Friday, June 24, 2011

The move...

So about 4 months ago, on a nice Friday afternoon, Zach comes home from work. It was great to see him. Then we all went as a family to Wendy's for a bite to eat. He looked a bit pensive, so I asked him what he was thinking. He then asked me a question, "Could you see me as a chiropractor?" My response, "Why are you asking?" His states, "I think I want to be a chiropractor." In shock I say, "WHAT?!? You have wanted to be an orthodontist since you were 3! Are you sure this is what you want to do?" He very seriously says, "Yes, it is." So I call my brother who is at Palmer Chiropractic College in Davenport, Iowa. I tell him what we are thinking. I sent him Zach's transcript via e-mail, he takes it in that day to the admissions guy. Monday we get an e-mail that everything is a go for him to start in November. Wait what!!! NOVEMBER!! Yup, that was what he said. So we sent official transcript, filled out other paperwork and got started on finding a place to live, etc...
A couple days later, Tamara, my friend and sister in law, called that she found us a place to live. Lo and behold everything went through and now we are moving into a town home that is 1700 sq. feet and we are only going to pay $620 a month! Amazing, absolutely amazing! After some drama here and there, we decided to still move for July 1st but not start the program until March. Zach has to take a couple classes at the community college there before he can start school and so instead of him starting the classes July 11, he isn't going to start until Fall semester. It will be nice so that we have some time as a family before the craziness of grad school starts, especially since he has been going year round for the past 3 years. So to make things short, we leave for Iowa on Wednesday and hope to be there on Thursday.
This is what my house is looking like now.
Yes, Carla is watching Blue's Clues. I regret ever putting it on for her. That is all she wants to watch, and because I'm packing like a mad person, she watches TV. Yes I know I'm not sticking to my TV rule (TV watching only on Sat and Sun). Oh well. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I 'm so excited to move though!! We'll get to be 5 min away from Jorge and Tamara and the kids. It will be so great to have Carla so close to cousins. Tamara, who was my friend before she was my brother's wife is super crafty, like me! YAY!!! A crafting partner, finally! So Zach baby, thanks for turning my world upside down!

No comments:

Post a Comment