Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Birthday Festivities

The day before Zach's b-day, his family came down and we had dinner together. Mom made death by chocolate, and I failed at making a cake. Oh yes! Failed indeed!!! I tried to get it out of the pan and for some reason it wouldn't, so when it finally came out, it cracked everywhere and we tried to repair it with frosting plaster, but it was to no avail. So instead I stuck it into a trifle dish, alternating layers with a little frosting, cherries and banana pudding. Amazingly enough it looked pretty decent, but I didn't have the guts to try it. Zach said that it was actually pretty good. Oh well! Everyone has to make a completely horrible cake at least two times in their life. We sang to my lover and then he opened his presents. It was so fun having the fam over for this joyous occasion.










On his b-day, I took him out to lunch. I picked him up from work and then we took off to eat at Tucanos. Well, here is the super funny part. They came over to sing to him, and he stood up, grabbed the tambourine, and started dancing while they sang...yes...DANCING!!! Tee hee hee! Oh my, I would have never imagined this man dancing in a restaurant ever!!

On his b-day weekend, I gave him his official b-day present. It was something that I had been planning for a month! He told me that he wanted to take me dancing for his birthday. So I lied. I told him that I had found a dance club in Park City that we could go to. Since my mom was doing her internship at a Marriott, that we were going to be able to get a parking pass so that we wouldn't have to pay for parking while we were there. Sneaky sneaky me, I had made a reservation for a 1-bdrm villa at the Marriott Summit Inn. The jacuzzi was 6' by 4' and there was a separate shower, and potty, the room was in the same room as the tub, and there was a kitchen, a dining area, a living room with a fireplace, and window seats. It was gorgeous, and we were going to take advantage of every minute. Carla was going to stay home with the girls, Jennefred, Kitty Kat, and Nessa. So on Friday, when Zach informed me that he was sick, I was a bit bummed, but then thought about it, and realized that it would be even more fun because we would really be able to take advantage of the room. So, of course, we go up early to "walk around" before we were going to go "dancing." We got to the hotel, and Zach asked, "Why do we need to register? Are we staying here?" I tried to ignore him, but I was so stinking excited. So, I got the registration from the trunk, and went around to his window, gave him a kiss and told him that we were going to be staying there! He was in shock! Once he saw the room, he said that he didn't want to know how much the room was costing, because he would have a heart attack. I chuckled and said that regularly that room goes for $400 a night! He almost died, but I assured him that I didn't pay that much because of my mom's discount. I only paid $60. AMAZING DEAL!!! Of course that night he got a fever, so we just went to the store and bought some microwave food, and went back to the hotel and stayed in for the night. He took a 2 hour nap when we got there, then went back to sleep before 9 until the next morning. I at least had cable to keep me company, and we were on the couch next to the fireplace until about 11pm when we went to the bed, but I stayed up some more watching "Deadliest Catch." Total, I watched over 3 1/2 hours of it!! I laughed and cried, it was so good, and so addicting!!

The next morning, we got in the tub for a few minutes, then it was time to check out. We packed up, and went for a walk at old town main street. It was fun, except for the fact that I forgot to pack shoes, so I was in my small heels. After walking on Main Street, we went to the outlets. I told Zach that I HAD to get different shoes on. The blisters on my ankles were already bubbling up. So, we went to Crocs, and what do you know, they had some comfy shoes, that were only $9 and they were buy one get one FREE! So we bought a pair for Carla also. Once we were done walking around there, we came back to Orem, and went to eat at Wingers. We had a $15 gift certificate so we only paid about $7 for the both of us. Yum yum. The end.

1 comment:

  1. I remember Jakes birthday last year was a surprise in Park City...It was great, sorry Zack was sick, I hope he felt better. Happy Birthday Zack

    ReplyDelete