Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Time

Christmas Eve was so fun! We went up to my in-laws house. We ate Smith's subs, and played games. Then it was time to open our presents. It was so fun watching the little girls open their presents! They were SO excited that they got Chutes and Latters. Oh the joy of watching others open their presents. They get so excited over the smallest things. I hope and pray that I can have that same type of attitude in my life. Joy should come from altruistic love, and not from presents, toys, and "stuff."





It was so wonderful being able to spend to much time at my in-laws. We laughed, played, talked, and were able to feel loved. I love watching everyone love on Carla. I know how much they love and cherish her, and it helps us feel like one huge family. LOVE IT! Mom and dad bought Zach and I some Gs, and gave us a gift card for Smiths. NICE! Carla got some toys, clothes, and a fuzzy ice pack, perfect for the upcoming owies that she'll be getting now that she is walking so much.







We left Mom and Dad's at about 8pm and went home and put Carla to bed. We stayed up, sort of, until midnight. We fell asleep at about 9pm, but them my parents called from El Salvador at 11pm, midnight their time. We talked to them, and gave our Merry Christmas greetings, then we put on a movie. 5 min to midnight, we woke up Carla for her 1st interactive Christmas. She was a little groggy while we read the Nativity story from the Bible, and placed the Baby Jesus in his manger, and said our gratitude prayer, but it was nice to have her be so cuddly. I felt a little bit bad about waking her up, but as soon as she saw that she could touch the presents underneath the Christmas tree, she was SUPER excited! We opened our stockings full of treats and toys, then it was time for presents! Carla was loving ripping the paper, and every time that she got a toy she would play with it and play with it, until we took it away and hid it so that she would open the next present. It was so much fun watching the excitement on her face as she opened present after present. She finally opened her last present which was a tub of gummy bears, and she went bazerk! P.S. she does not like the green gummies. She was eating all sorts of candy that night and she was loving it!
Zach and I opened our presents from a very special friend. We were so blessed this Holiday Season with an angel watching over us. An angel with a very mushy heart. One of Zach's coworkers heard that we were only going to do stockings this year because we were trying to get out of debt. She decided that was "unacceptable for two people as nice as (us)." She sat us down and gave us our Christmas card. When we opened the card, there were 2 crisp, new $100 bills. I wanted to cry, but kept my composure. Genuinely nice people do exist in a world full of wickedness. They are all around us, smiling, giving, listening... Kim told us that her one condition was that we HAD to spend it on Christmas presents. We were not allowed to use it to pay bills. I do have to admit that one of my first thoughts was, "Great, we'll use $50-100 on presents and the rest on bills." Yeah, that idea was shot down pretty quickly! Back to Christmas... I got the Cricut Junkbox, some pearl earrings, and some games. I love my Junkbox! I'm excited to really use it for my projects. Zach is so good at buying presents! I got Zach 5 new movies, and some games. He LOVES movies, especially the part where he gets to organize them alphabetically in the stand. After we had fun being awake and opening presents, we went to sleep. I woke up at about 9am and made orange rolls for breakfast. Carla woke up next and we played for a little while. At about 9:30-10:00ish, Zach woke up and we ate breakfast and played with our new toys. Carla went down for her nap and Zach and I watched movies, then we played our new games. It was so wonderful not going anywhere! We stayed in all day, watching movies and playing games.

Then, it was time to make Christmas Dunch (dinner and lunch). I made lemon pepper turkey breast, a baked potato bar, and rice. Yum yum! Rolando, our really good friend, came over to spend Christmas Dunch with us. It was so fun to prepare my first Christmas Dunch! Christmas was a wonderful day. I am so blessed to have such an amazing family and to have the Gospel in our lives. Christmas is a day to remember our Lord, Saviour, and Redeemer, Christ the Lord. Because of Him and His sacrifice, we can love and live forever. May we ALWAYS remember the meaning of Christmas in our hearts, and in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment