Thursday, December 10, 2009

Carla's Big Birthday Party!

Sadly we didn't get a lot of pics of her birthday party, but it sure was fun! My good friend, Amy Pearce helped me make her cake. I did the decorating and she did the rest. It was so much fun though! Our hands turned pink because we had to mix in the red into the frosting and the fondant. I took me 5 hours to decorate it. Oh yeah, I found patience that I didn't even know that I had!! But it was well worth it! EVERYTHING on the cake was edible. Amazing huh?!? Yup Amy sure was a life saver!


At the party we had Salvadorean Turkey Sandwiches, and chips. My mom made the turkey, and I bought the chips. Oh yeah, we ate good! We set up a couple tables with some pictures of Carla and our family pictures. It was neat to see how she has changed over this past year. It was fun to see old friends, new friends, and family. We had 3 pinatas and mingled.

Of course Carla started us off with the pinatas. It was funny because she was so scared of it. She didn't want to hit it, so I helped her. She was probably thinking, "now what are you trying to make me do mom?"



We were supposed to play "hot potato" and "musical chairs" but ended up not having time. We got to play and talk, and demolish pinatas! Everyone got to hit the pinata, even our parents, as shown by my dad!

2 comments:

  1. You seriously go all out on a first Birthday my dear. WOW, my kids should have been latino in some way. I can't believe she's already 1, where did the time go. It's so hard to see my kitchen too...brings me back home. I'm glad there is happines there though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How freaking cute! I am so sad we missed it!

    ReplyDelete