Thursday, February 5, 2009

Bitter-Sweet Moment

Today was the day, yes seri. I finally put away Carla's preemie and newborn clothes! It was so sad. While I was sitting there putting her clothes in the plastic tub, I could remember all the times that she had worn each outfit, and the many times she spit-up, or did her duty on them. (The onesie that is on top was her very first preemie outfit. Zach bought as a suprise when we realized that she didn't fit into her newborn clothes because she was too small. It reads, "If you think I'm cute, you should see my mom" LOL) I couldn't help but feel sad that my little baby was getting so big. But at last, every day we make new memories that fill our hearts. Without her getting bigger, I would have never seen her first smile, first coo, first roll over, etc... Treasure every moment with the ones you love, for a moment is just that, a moment. Then it is gone, and all you are left with is the memory. I find myself just staring at my baby for hours. I especially enjoy the moments when Zach is with her, showing her how much he loves her. He is such a wonderful daddy.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same bittersweet feelings putting away Ammon's clothes. Now instead of packing them away for the next child, I am giving them away for good. That is very hard! I didn't realize how attached I am to the baby clothes. Especially outfits that my 14 year old wore as a baby.

    ReplyDelete