Monday, February 23, 2009

"I'm Fat" Attacks

Every few weeks I have my "I'm Fat" attacks. I become obsessed about my weight, my figure (or lack of), and my prettiness. For a day or two, I get really depressed, cry and whine to Zach. Hence the new hairdo and the treadmill last month. Every time something random triggers them, whether it be trying on clothes, stepping on the scale, or seeing other pretty skinnier people. To this time, it was Jelly Bellys. I love Jelly Bellys, and on Friday we bought over a pound of them. So as I was sitting at the kitchen table, eating Jelly Bellys, I realized what I was doing, then remembered that I have recently been gaining weight. I started to complain to Zach, and got frustrated that we buy junk food as snacks, and I end up eating them all and reap the consequences in my thighs and middle. After a while of this, we went to sleep. When I woke up Sunday morning, Zach was already awake. I opened the fridge and MUCH to my surprise, ALL of our junk food was gone. The sodas, the $10 worth of Jelly Bellys, the chocolate truffles, etc... All of it GONE! I of course freaked out, and Zach kindly said, "I thought we should try to be healthy." What I am interpreting as, "I don't like it when you get so sad, mad, and depressed about yourself. So lets do something about it." Oh I love my husband. I have to say, at first I was a bit frustrated because even though I want to loose weight and feel good again, I LOVE chocolate, soda, chips, truffles, basically, I love ALL junk food. After a few minutes, I realized that he was right. If I want to feel good, I need to eat good. I am slowly getting rid of my baked goods junk food. Yesterday the Lymans got some very chocolaty brownies, and tomorrow at the Hispanic Club meeting, I'll be making cherry cheesecake. The pain, the horror! I never realized how hooked I am to sugar. So, wish me luck my friends. I want to fit into a smaller size of pants by the time Abi gets married on May 24. This is what my fridge looks like now that it has been Zachified... EMPTY!

No comments:

Post a Comment