Monday, February 2, 2009

From Heaven, Through Daddy, to Me

Carla was blessed on Sunday, Feb. 1 2009. It was such a special day, for many reasons. That was also the day that I was baptized and confirmed, Feb. 1 1992. I was so proud of my baby, and my lover. I am so blessed that Zach is a worthy Priesthood holder and can perform ordinances such as this one. Carla was so good, thanks to the fact that I fed her right before she was blessed, so she slept through the whole thing! The members in the circle were: Zach (of course), my daddy, my dad, Alan (my brother-in-law), Rolando, Dan Evans, Glen Paystrup, Roger Paystrup, Fulgencio Choy. Some things that were mentioned in the blessing were:
Being blessed with health and strength
Grow healthy and strong
Mind will be enlightened by the Spirit at a young age
Educated in church and in studies
Be an influence and example to your family and neighbors
Treat others with kindness and respect
Marry a choice husband, a worthy Priesthood holder in the Temple
To be raised in the Gospel by parents who love you
Raise your own family in the Gospel
Charitable heart and be able to see others for who they are
You will love others
Filled with the Holy Ghost
Know your mistakes and repent quickly
You will be led and guided by choice people who love the Savior
What a beautiful blessing! After Sunday School, we went to the house and had a shindig. We had family and friends come to the house and ohh and aww at Carla. I feel so blessed to be a mommy. I love my daughter, my little love. It's 3am and she's screaming her head off, and I go in her room, and as soon as she hears my voice she quiets down. I feel so lucky to be a mommy, to have those experiences that bring joy to my heart. I love going into her room when she starts to squirm and she opens her little beautiful eyes, and looks up at me and gives me a big smile. I feel blessed, I feel complete!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I got to be there! You are an amazing mother, I know it. Hopefully someday I will be able to be as good a mommy as you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that we couldn't be there after the blessing. Zach did an awesome job at giving your beautiful baby the blessing ever. I'm kind of jealous actually. he did an awesome job. Don't tell Jake I said that LOL. It's an awesome opportunity that we have as mothers to watch our small babies grow and for us to eat up every chance we have to see them shine. I'm glad that we are getting to know you and Zach, we need to get together more often. When you're board give me a call....I will do the same. :)

    ReplyDelete