Thursday, February 5, 2009

Blessings...

I just want to say that I know that there are miracles every day in our lives. My grandma lives in El Salvador and I usually go see her every couple years. Now that Carlita is here I really want her to meet her great-grandma. So we really wanted to go this May, but money was short. We have been struggling, like a lot of people these days. So, I picked up a couple hours at Tommy's and became my mom's "official" tutor. I was tutoring her before, but now the school pays me! Sweet! And with the money that we're getting back from taxes, we'll be just fine and be able to go to El Salvador too!



I have been having a hard time coping with my "after baby" body. My sweet, amazing, kind, sensitive and adoring husband sent me to get my hair cut, highlighted, bought me clothes that fit, and a treadmill. I have, in two weeks, lost 6 lbs, and am feeling pretty again. Let me tell you, I haven't felt that way in a long time! My blessing and miracle: not only feeling pretty and losing weight, but to be married to such a wonderful man. He is my strength, my piller when I'm weak, the holder of my heart, my inspiration, my best friend, my husband, Zach.


My extended family has been such a blessing. My mom and dad who always call to see how we're doing. Who give so much of their time to help us, and get just as excited as I do when Carla reaches her little milestones. I always call my mom because I know that she'll listen to me complain and tell me what I want to hear, and if it isn't what I want to hear, she puts it gently. Thank you for teaching me the way of the Lord mami y papi!




And of course, my in-laws, who don't feel like in-laws at all, but like my family. I love them and appreciate everything that they do for me. They give so much of themselves. Zach and I went on our first date since Carla was born on Jan 22nd because my "mom" and Megan, Vanessa, Josh and Jen, came down from Herriman and watched the baby while we went to Tucano's for my birthday date. It was so nice! Mom, you raised an amazing son. I hope you know what a wonderful mother you are, and that you are such a great example to me.

My life has been filled with blessings and miracles! I am greatful to my Savior and Father for each and every one of them. "I'm trying to be like Jesus."

1 comment:

  1. Wow Zach is really tall. I am totally jealous, I'd love to have a treadmill given to me for my birthday. Clothes that fit, I'll even go for Underwear that fit LOL.

    ReplyDelete