Monday, April 20, 2009

Solids...

Today was the day! We started Carla on rice cereal!! My big baby needs more than just milk. For about a week she has been getting up about 2 times a night just starving, and she is eating a lot more often during the day. I called the doctor and he said to give her a tablespoon of cereal or oatmeal 2 times a day, before I feed her, until her 6 month visit. Then we are going to start other foods. We decided to feed her before her afternoon 3 hour nap, and before bed. It was so exciting to sit her down in her bumbo and spoon feed her. She was so cute! It got all over her little mouth but she did such a good job eating. I got to feed her lunch and Zach fed her dinner. My plumpy babe is getting so beautiful. She weighs 17lbs 9oz and is 25 inches long, absolutely perfect for a 9 month old, even though she is really only 5 months old! Oh it is such a joy watching my little princess develop and grow!

3 comments:

  1. How cute!! I can't believe how big she is getting...I love feeding babies at that age, it's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful! I'm pretty sure she has passed up Ammon on the weight but that's okay. I'll find out next week at his 9 month appointment how much he is and i'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting!! I can't wait to start Garrett on real foods. We say this now, but in 2 years we will wish they could just take breastmilk...its FREE! :)haha

    ReplyDelete