Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sundays Are Fun Days

I love Sundays! They really are fun days. We usually get to sleep in until 9:30, then bring Carla into our bed and just cuddle and play with her until 11am, and then we start to get ready for Church, have lunch, let Carla sleep for 30min while we shower and start to get ready for Church. Then off to Church we go. We have some amazing talks, followed by insightful Gospel Principles class, topped off by an uplifting Relief Society lesson. We go home, eat, visit friends or family (depending on the week), and spend the rest of the evening relaxing. Ahhhh, it is truly a day of rest.

Well, today we went to the Orem University First Stake, 16th Ward, and were able to witness the mantle of Bishop placed on my daddy. I was so proud of him and my mom. I know that they are going to do great. It was an awesome experience to see how instantly you could see my daddy become a Bishop and how he transformed from being a great father, husband, and example, into a common judge in Israel, a Leader in the Lord's Church, and a loving, caring, and concerned Priesthood Bearer, in addition to his other callings. I am so blessed to have my daddy in my life and the great example that he is to me. He always helps me put my life into an eternal perspective and to find joy in my trials, and solutions to my problems. He is going to be an amazing Bishop. I love him very much.

Then we came home, put the lasagna in the oven, fed Carla, then went back in time for Relief Society, so I could be with my mommy. It was so neat to see how the sisters in the ward gave my mom their undivided attention when she gave her opinion, and thoughts. After Church we, my mom, Zach, Rolo, Helaman, Carla, and I, came home and ate and talked and laughed with Carla. My mom bought her some hopping bunnies. You wind then up and they hop. Carla was laughing and laughing! She thought that they were the funniest things on this planet. We of course laughed with Carla not at her! Then I put Carla down for a nap and Zach and I went to Priesthood and Relief Society in our ward. My mom stayed with Carla and waited for my daddy to be done with meeting and come and eat.

We LOVE our ward. We are blessed with so many good influences here. The Relief Society Lesson was amazing, like usual. It was taught by Sister Chestnut and it was about the ministering of angels, a lesson from the November Ensign. It was amazing! It really made me think about the tender mercies of the Lord and Father and how much They are watching over me. I know that they love my and are always concerned with my life. They hurt when I hurt, cry when I cry, laugh when I do something silly or air headed, and rejoice when I do what is right. I am so grateful for the many angels that I have had, and currently have in my life, both in this side of the veil and the other side of the veil. I know that Father wants us to have a happy life and puts "angels" in our lives to help us along the way.
After that inspiring lesson, we came home, and my parents left. Carla, Zach and I cuddled on the sofa for about half an hour. I love cuddling! I was sad because Carla won't sleep with me anymore. Well today I got my wish, she fell asleep in my arms. It was a Teresa sandwich seeing as I was between the two mortals I love most in my life. As I held Zach and Carla, we read from the Conference edition Ensign. Oh sweet Sundays!

Then we got ready and off we went to our friends, Ally and Dan. They were our neighbors, but bought a condo in American Fork. We went and had dinner and played "BANG". It was a blast. They are such great friends. We love them very much and miss them too! Well, we came home, fed Carla rice cereal with banana, because she DETESTS plain rice cereal, and put her to sleep. Now I am relaxing as I blog. I am so blessed to have the Gospel in my life. Everything good in my life has happened because I have been faithful to the commandments of Father. I am grateful for such a selfless husband, and a sweet, calm baby.

2 comments:

  1. Great Sunday's, Great Friends, Great Family. You are truly blessed. We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...that was quite an uplifting post. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete