Friday, May 15, 2009

Another Happy Sick Baby Update...

Before I start, I just have to vent about one thing... Pepe. I guess the only thing that bothers me about it is that I feel like she is getting addicted to "Pepe, her boyfriend," as we call him, others call him a binky or pacifier. We didn't want her to be one of those babies that you only see with the binky in their mouth. Where they can't do anything without that binky. But now that she is sick, she starts to cry and here comes Pepe! Oh well, as soon as she is well, she'll have to break up with her boyfriend. Anyways, back to my sick baby...


On Wednesday we went to the doctor because Carlita is still sick. It has now been over two weeks and it is so hard to see her so sick. At the same time they did her 6 month visit. We found out that she is in the 95% for her height 27", and 90% for her weight 19.6 lbs! She is the average height and weight of a one year old! He said it wasn't too common to see a baby's weight jump so much after 5 months. Oh well, we like her PLUMPY!! Perfect for loving on! I love holding her and feeling her fat between my fingers! I really need to go through her clothes and pull out what doesn't fit her. So much of her clothes I have to stretch and stretch just to get it to snap closed. Tee hee hee!!


Well, it turns out that she doesn't have Bronchiolitis anymore, thankfully, but she got another cold when she was getting over her Brionchiolitis. The doctor also said that there is no reason why she should still be wheezing unless she has asthma. Talk about a dosey! He gave her albuterol, which we have to give her twice a day for six days. Since she is so small, they can't diagnose her with asthma because they have to do other tests to make sure, but he suspects that she has it. We hope that it is something that she will grow out of. We have to watch her closely because she will start to cough and cough until her lips turn blue and she starts vomiting. It hurts so bad seeing her in so much pain and watching her struggle to breath. Last night it was especially bad. She still can't sleep through the night because she will have coughing attacks. Last night she started coughing and I ran to get her so that I could console her before her coughs got to bad, but I was too late. She coughed and coughed until she vomited. I couldn't take it anymore, I made Zach call Jake to come help him with a blessing. I just held my baby and sobbed. In my head I pleaded with my Father in heaven, "Why do such things have to happen to innocent babies? Don't take her away from me, please Father, let her stay here with me. I promise I'll be a better mother, I promise I'll be more obedient. Please, you have healed me so many times, I have seen you heal so many others, won't you heal her? Please, heal her. I promise that I will study my scriptures every day, that I will be more obedient, and complain less. I promise, I promise. Heal her please, I know that thou art omnipotent and can preform this miracle, please Father, please." Jake arrived, dressed in his church clothes, I gave a humble prayer to invite the Spirit, Zach anointed, and Jake sealed the anointing. He stated that her lungs would be opened, that she would get the rest that her body needed, he blessed her with the knowledge that her parents loved her, and that she was looked after. He also said that she would have the strength to fight off this infirmity and that we, her parents, would look to her for strength. He also blessed us with strength to help her. The rest of the night was still scary, her breathing would suddenly be more wheezy, and she would cough and cough. At 4am I got her out after another coughing/vomiting attack, I fed her, and laid her down with me. She still woke up 3 more times before waking up for the day at 7am.

During the day, the really got the rest that she needed though. She fell asleep playing on the floor for the very first time. We went to run errands and she slept the whole time. Her 2 hour afternoon nap turned into a 4 hour nap! It was amazing! And then she went down for the night at 7pm. Today she hasn't had any coughing/vomiting attacks for which I am so grateful. I know that Father will bless her with health. I know that He doesn't rejoice when He sees us suffering and helpless, but that He cries with us and suffers with us. I do know that we HAVE to go through trials so that we can become perfected. I just pray that Father will give me the strength to overcome the trials that lay ahead, and that I am currently going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment