Friday, May 15, 2009

Jobless..

Once again, Zach didn't work most of the week. He only worked on Monday for 3 hours! OUCH!! You know, sometimes Father's ways are so difficult to follow. We have been consistanly looking for a new job and placing applications for the past 3 months, and with no avail. It is so difficult not being able to buy Carla clothes that fit her because we don't have the money. We can buy her a few little things here and there, but with the rate that she has grown, she has very little clothes that fit her well. I see how our life would be so much easier if I would work, but every time we pray about it, we get a very strict "NO, this is time that you need to dedicate to Carla. It is Zach's job to provide for the family." Often times I find myself crying and begging Father for peace. All I want is peace, and a confirmation that everything will be okay. Then I recieve that peace, and the next day, I get frustrated again, and pray for peace, and of course a job. I have such a hard time being able to keep the feelings that the Spirit pours into my heart. I quickly forget that comfort that I felt just hours before and have to pray for the same thing once again. I do know that all will be well, we pray, read our scriptures, pay tithing and fast offering, and try to be as obedient as we can, and the Lord will bless us for our efforts. I feel like sometimes I get frustrated with His timetable. I want my blessing now, and I want them to come easily, but I KNOW that is NOT how Father works. We are here to prove ourselves, to show Father that even though life may not be as easy as we would like, and although we may suffer, we will obey, we will have faith. I guess that is what mortality is for. It is for Father to allow trials to bombard us, and sometimes He quickly comes to our aide, and sometimes He waits, and sees how WE will handle our trials, will we rebel or will we obey? As for now, we will make do, we will continue to fill out applications, send resumes, and pray, hope, and have faith. "This to shall pass."

1 comment:

  1. Teresa, if you are not already a garage saler, you should be. I never but my kids new clothes, because we can't afford it either. But I love going gargae selling a pick up clothes for .25, .50. or $1.00. I'll loook through my things and see if I have anything I can send over. I gave alot of my girls clothes away, but I'll look.
    I'm sorry you are struggling. Sometimes the Lords timing is hard to endure, but He always blesses us better than we could imagine. Your right this to shall pass, and you will be better, and stronger because of it. Stay close to Zach, lean on eachother, and rely on your Savior and you'll be just fine.

    ReplyDelete