Sunday, May 10, 2009

Diana's Bridal Shower and Abuelita

Friday we went up to my "mom's" house for Vanessa's birthday and to celebrate Mother's Day with mom. We gave her a picture frame that had our latest family picture. She was so excited!
We gave Vanessa a body wash and I made her a necklace. I get into these arty fartsy moods and make artsy fartsy presents for everyone. It is so much fun!

I even made Carlita her first anklet! Maho and Cindy bought her a pineapple pendant in Hawaii, so I decided to make it into an anklet and then keep extending it as she grows.


On Saturday my mom and I threw Diana a bridal shower. She is marrying, Abi, my little brother on May 23, 3 days before Zach and mine 2 year anniversary. We started a bit late because of course, the Hispanics were all at least an hour late. So frustrating! I really hate that about my culture, and even in the "mormon" culture, heaven's forbid you actually be on time to something! Grrrr! But all of the Caucasians were on time, and it was so nice to chat with old friends! I love my mom's friends, and now that I'm older I can actually pipe in during the conversations with something to say based on experience! Anyways... we a tied a quilt and worked on the flower centerpieces for the activity and my mom made Paea, which of course was delicious! I have to admit that my favorite part of the day was watching my mom play with Carlita. There is something so special about seeing my mom play love on my daughter and Carla recognize her Abuelita and talk, coo, and laugh back. I could watch them for hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment