Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

This is my first official Mother's Day! Woo Hoo! The past two years Zach has gotten me Mother's Day presents and says that I'm a future mother, but this year he went all out! Probably because Carlita was helping him plan it all! Since Carla is still sick and contagious, we went to my dad's ward and were able to be with my mommy for the meeting. The go to a Single's Ward, so there aren't any kids to pass Carla's germs to. Afterwards we came home and Zach cooked lunch. He made extra meaty BBQ ribs, elote loco (crazy corn: butter, mayo, mustard, Parmesan cheese), and REAL mashed potatoes. UMMMMMMMM!!!! My mom was here so we watched my brother's wedding DVD. She wasn't able to go and she hadn't seen the DVD, so we made it as part of her present. Then we watched the movie "Angelitos Negros" (Black Angels), an old Pedro Infante movie which was part of my present. We ate our super yummy food, then we gave my mom her present! Ty and I worked long and hard on it, and it turned out beautiful! She was so excited! It was a frame which read, "I wouldn't be so spoiled if someone would spank Grandma" and it had pictures of her 6 grandbabies. Awww!
After my parents left, Zach gave me my present... a scavenger hunt! I found flower seeds, a pot, soil, old fashioned root beer and vanilla cream soda, truffles, and the movie Chocolate!
Woo hoo for presents!
I have been telling Zach that I really want a garden, but I can't exactly plant one in my apartment, so he gave me a pot and the seeds to plant a little one. He is so stinking thoughtful. I love it!


After I found my presents, we went outside and I planted my garden while Carla and Zach played on the lawn. Then we took a nap together. Well, more like I took a nap. Carla started to get fussy so Zach came inside with her and I stayed sleeping outside for about an hour! Oh blissful sleep! Then we ate dinner, chicken squares with peas, my favorite. I went to wish a couple of my girlfriends a happy mother's day, came home, and went to sleep. It was such a good day! Very relaxed and calm, and full of yummy food, just like holidays should be.

I am so grateful for my moms and the wonderful examples that they are to me. They are always there when I need someone to talk to, vent to, whine to, complain to, rejoice with, cry with, and look up to. I am so blessed to have an angel mother who raised me with so much love, devotion, and faith. I will always remember the many lessons that she taught me, especially to make the best out of every situation, using faith and joy. I love you mami!

Mom, thanks for raising such an amazing son who is the love of my life, the father of my children, and my eternal companion. You are an inspiration to me. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment