Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy Sick Baby

My poor Carla is sick, but even though she is sick, she still tries to be happy. Not saying that she always is, but she tries. She got sick on Wednesday. She started with a nasty cough and a runny nose, then as the days went on, she got worse. By Saturday she was wheezing when she was breathing and her chest was rattling from all of the flem. She hadn't been sleeping very much because her coughing would wake her up, then she would cry and cough until she threw up. She had me SO worried that she was getting RSV, so on Sunday we took her into the insta care to find out what was going on. They checked her for RSV, and luckily that wasn't it. The doctor then told us the diagnosis, she has bronchiolitis, the inflammation of the bronchial. This is viral which means that they can't do anything for it. Antibiotics won't work, and she is too young for the other medicine. All we can do is comfort her and keep her hydrated, my poor baby! She won't even take her naps unless she is in my arms. As soon as I put her down she wakes up and won't go back to sleep, I guess she just wants her mommy, ahhhh. I was like that too. Whenever I was sick, I just wanted my mom to hold me and scratch my head until I fell asleep. She used to always say that she was looking for lice. Tee hee hee!! Oh, good memories! Anyways, we're supposed to take her back to the doctor's office tomorrow if she isn't doing any better because he wants to make sure that she doesn't develop RSV or bronchitis or something. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all will be well tonight.
Props to my hubby-ba-lubby though. He has been cleaning the house! I haven't washed dishes in about 4 days!! That really means a lot to me. He is a good man. He even takes Carla in the morning so that I can sleep in because I wake up with her in the night. It feels so good to sleep in the cool morning air after a long night with Carlita. Thanks babe!! I love you mucho much!

1 comment: