Friday, July 24, 2009

The AK vs. Bridal Veil Fallslgssssssssssssssssssssssssd,

Lately I have been thinking about, maybe even obsessed about Alaska. By lately I mean since Carla was 1 month old, so about 7 months.t2d4kz,
x r bbbbbbbbbbbb
texgsxchb]9pmk,szxz
Angn
xd fv 1 hx
mk9s xxf3
eezryyui6dsxzxsv Z -Carla's explanation of the whole situation

The adjustment back to Utah has been a lot more difficult that what I thought it would be. I get really frustrated and whine and complain to Zach about how I dislike living in Utah. Everything there is to do costs money and is far away. In Alaska everything was free as was within a 15 minute drive. Alaska is green and beautiful, Utah is a desert. Alaska has beaches, Utah has stinky, unswimmable, Utah Lake. Alaska has a steady dependable job, Utah DOESN'T, Alaska we have so many amazing friends, Utah we only have a hand full. Our ward in Alaska was so close, Utah ward, not so much. Alaska you could see the stars at night, Utah inversion makes it close to impossible. The two pros about Utah are, our families are here, and it is a lot easier for Zach to go to school.
Since I am always comparing Alaska to Utah, I am just not happy living here. So I decided to start doing things that I can to here. I go on morning walks, which other sisters in the ward come to, we went to Bridal Veils, one of the few free things in Utah, and started scrapbooking. I am hoping that these activities will help me see the good side of Utah, although my heart will always long for Alaska. We are planning on going back to Alaska to work next summer, and that is already making me so excited, and gitty. So having that to look forward to is helping also. I can't wait until Zach finishes school so we can move back, but for now, I will try to be happy where the Lord has brought us.

4 comments:

  1. I'm feeling the same way about Utah, but the only thing that differs in my thinking, would have to be that my family isn't here, and the ward isn't as great here, but I need more time. I LOVE IT HERE. I can't wait till next summer either. I'm SO EXCITED to think that your coming here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?!! But I will miss you next summer!

    PS: This is your Utah neighbor, Kira

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, you have the same path that my hubby has...he served his mission in Alaska! He can't wait to finish school and find a job in AK...we almost went there this year! Hopefully someday we will be neighbors up there!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carlita is so stinkin' cute! Seriously. How are you? Hey we are making the blog private soon, so if you want to keep up on it, please email me at romney.tiff@gmail.com and I will send you an invite!

    ReplyDelete