Monday, March 23, 2009

Gummy Smiles are GONE!!!

MY BABY IS CUTTING HER FIRST TOOTH!!! She has been teething for about a month and a half. The nurse that comes to our house once a month told me that she was too young, and that she wouldn't start teething until about 6 to 8 months. Mommy knows best! We went to the doctor's last week and he said that she was swollen, but probably wouldn't cut teeth for at least another month. Once again, mommy knows best. This morning, I was trying to calm her down, she was hysterical. I was rubbing her gums, her favorite thing, when I felt a poky! I couldn't believe it! It was starting to cut through. About 4 hours later, I had her open her mouth and it was really cutting through! You could see the bud! I hope you can see it in the picture. I'm so proud of my baby. She is growing up so fast. I honestly can't believe how fast time is going. I'm afraid of not enjoying every moment, every laugh, every smile, every cry, every coo, every cutting tooth, every roll, everything, and then suddenly, they're gone. She's all grown up, and I won't get to see her cut teeth, or wake up to her smiling up at me from her crib, or cuddling with me in bed. There are so many precious moments every day that I wish that I could relive every day. My beautiful baby will soon be a beautiful toddler, then beautiful girl, then beautiful young woman....WAAA WAAA WAAA!!! So all I can say to myself is, enjoy every moment, treasure every second. I LOVE being Carla's mommy! Carla, someday when you read this journal, I hope that you will be able to feel and know how much I love you. You mean so much to me, even if I correct you, I promise you that I will always love you and care for you. You are my miracle baby. I love you, mommy.

1 comment:

  1. now you'll know what it feels like when she chomps down LOL, can we say pins and needles.

    ReplyDelete