Sunday, March 29, 2009

Saturday Drama...

Saturday night was a nightmare! I went to sleep at midnight, Carla cut her second tooth, but woke up at 1, 2, 3:15, 5, 6, and 7:30am, in pain. It was such a LONG early morning. My poor baby, all I could do was comfort nurse and give her Tylenol. She was grumpy the whole morning because she was so tired but couldn't go back to sleep because she was in pain. She is growing so fast that she is fitting 6 month clothing, and we don't have very much clothes and NONE of it is warm. So when Camille called inviting me to go yard saleing, I was grateful and excited. I mean, who doesn't love going to yard sales? A lot of women, rummaging through some one's junk, who's selling it for dirt cheap. In order to find all of the good stuff before another woman comes and finds it before you, you have to wake up super early and be out the door as soon as possible. You make your list of the places you want to hit up, and off you go. Then you come home and brag to your husband that you got 13 articles of clothing for only $6, and show him all the extra stuff you got because it was so cheap and you might need it later. Then you feel so good because you saved all that money on stuff that you never knew you needed. Oh I love it! Anyways... after going to the garage sales, we went to Susan's baby shower. I can't believe that she is almost ready to pop. I'm so excited for her. Then we went to JoAnn's, then it was home. We tidied up the house and then it was time for my once a week, 4hr shift at Tommy's Burger. All was well until it started to get really busy. It was crazy! We closed at 8:30pm, but I had customers coming in until 9:40. My knee popped out and I was in excruciating pain until I was finally able to pop it back in. I finally finished cleaning at 11:15pm. I was done. I was so tired, I just wanted to come home, and relax. I came home, Zach propped my legs up and gave me a nice long foot and leg massage. About 10 minutes after coming home, I looked up and found GERBER DAISIES! My favorite flower! And they were yellow, yellow is such a happy, friendly color. We finally went to the room to go to sleep when there were some more gerber daisies! My wonderful husband is so thoughtful. Carla and him picked them out. What a sweet guy. He used to buy me flowers every week when we lived in Alaska, but since we moved back to Utah and became poor, we haven't been able to afford them. It was such a nice treat! Oh yes, he also made hot chocolate! Yum yum! So to sum it all up, even though some days may be long and hard, there is ALWAYS a silver lining. My silver lining were my gerber daisies, hot chocolate, a massage, a sleeping baby, and an amazing husband. He even washed all the dishes! I love my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment