Thursday, March 12, 2009

Maho's Wedding

The plane ride to Hawaii was not that bad. Carla slept for about 5 hours, thankfully. I sat between two middle aged men. Yeah, sort of uncomfortable breastfeeding! But, I got some help from some really nice people on the plane who held her for about an hour and a half so that I could sleep. That was so nice! I got to sleep for a little bit. Well, Maho and Cindy got married on Tuesday. It was a beautiful beach wedding, but the preparing was a bit stressful. So... Cindy's parents, her older sister, Noelle, and her son, Michael came from Washington. So there were 9 people sleeping in a two bedroom cottage. Maho, Cindy, Kai, Noelle, and Michael all slept in a tent in the garage, Cindy's parents slept in their room, and Carla and I slept in Kai's room. Michael and Kai went wild! They were having so much fun together! They played and played until they dropped dead from exhaustion. On the wedding day Cindy, Noelle and the kids went to the beach while Maho and I made Salvadorian Turkey for after the wedding. I made huevos rancheros and refried beans for lunch. We all took showers and Maho, Cindy, Carlita, and I went to the Maui Prince Hotel, where Cindy's parents had rented them a room. I did Cindy's hair while Maho kept Carla quiet. They walked around the hotel until she fell asleep. Then we ran to the mall where Cindy got her makeup done while Maho, Carla, and I bought, Cindy's wedding ring, a shirt for Kai, and pants for Maho. It was now 5:15 and Cindy wasn't dressed, I wasn't dressed, didn't have my makeup on, or my hair done. Cindy's family was still at the house, and the ceremony was supposed to take place at 5:30. Oh yeah, we were late. But hey, they couldn't start without us, we had the bride and groom! The sunset was amazing! It was clear and the ceremony was beautiful. I was a witness and so was Cindy's dad. After the ceremony ended, we came back to the house and had Pan con Pavo, and cake. I was a blast! I'm so happy that I could be here for them. It was a very special day. I am glad I could be here for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment